Your diet decides your appearance, so it is very important to maintain a healthy diet that includes all the vital minerals and vitamins. Apart from physical fitness, healthy appetite can help in living a longer life.
Interesting Facts About Vitamins For Men
Table Of Content:
- As per NBC reports in 2009, 77% men are deficient in Vitamin D & Vitamin B12
- Vitamin A, B12, C, D, E and K are considered to be the best vitamins for men. In addition to these, both fatty acids & minerals are pretty essential
- Poor diet with less vegetables and fruits, hereditary history of deficiencies, ageing beyond 50 years and an only vegan diet can lead to various vitamin deficiencies
- Vegetarians are often prone to be low in some of the best vitamins such as vitamin B12 that can only be sourced from seafood, meat, eggs and poultry.
12 of The Most Important Vitamins For Men
The following table illustrates some of the most essential vitamins for men along with their benefits and recommended dietary allowance:
|Vitamin Type (With recommended food options)||Benefits||RDA|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamin)||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3 (niacin)||16 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||1.3 to 1.7 mg|
|Vitamin B7 (biotin)||30 µg|
|Vitamin B9 (folate)||400 µg|
|Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)||2.4 µg|
|Vitamin C||90 mg|
|Vitamin D||15 µg|
|Vitamin E||22.4 IU|
|Vitamin K||120 µg|
- IU= International Units, mg= Milligrams, µg=micrograms
Symptoms of Vitamin Deficiency in Men
Best Vitamins for Men on a Weight Loss Program
If you are looking for a diet that can help to control your weight, it is important to include foods rich in vitamin B12. Additionally, your diet should have a balanced inclusion of foods high in omega 3 fish oil and fiber.
Best Vitamins for Men Body Building
If you hit the gym regularly, you might have come across several supplements rich in vitamins and are often recommended by your trainers. However, eating foods high in vitamin B1, B2, B3, B12, D, and E is highly recommended. These vitamins play a crucial role in shaping up your body, besides offering the required elements for effective muscle gain.
Are vitamin supplements good?
Supplements might be needed by a certain group of men, but this is very rare. Some of the best vitamins for men over 50 include Vitamin B-12, Vitamin B-6 and Vitamin D. They need to ensure that they are taking the right foods to maintain its recommended levels. Mostly, these vitamins can be sourced from regular foods, but doctors might suggest taking vitamin D supplements or other vitamin supplements if needed. Hence, you should only be taking supplements if an expert advice you to.
On the other hand, most multivitamins or vitamin supplements do not have the qualities as advertised. As per American Heart Association, people should refrain from adding any of these to their diets. Moreover, evidence has shown enough proof of many antioxidant supplements being not effective.