Looking for High Vitamin sources? Read this article to know everything about Foods High In Vitamins ,Health Benefits & Consuming.
What Are Vitamins?
Vitamins play an important role for carrying out different bodily functions and it helps the body to grow and develop. Collectively, there are 13 different kinds of vitamins. Having a balanced diet can ensure that you are taking adequate amount of vitamins every day.
Importance of Eating High Vitamin Foods
Although Vitamins doesn’t provide energy like fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, they are essential compounds that help in:
- Boosting Immunity
- Strengthening Bones
- Healing Wounds
- Improving eyesight
- Obtaining Energy from Food
Vitamin deficiency can make an individual feel lethargic and vulnerable to infections. Long term deficiency may also result in serious complications that might prove fatal.
Sources of Vitamins
- Dietary Sources
- Green Leafy vegetables
- Fish & Seafood
- Nuts & Seeds
Types of Vitamins and Their Benefits
|Vitamin A or Retinol|
|Vitamin B2/ Riboflavin|
|Vitamin B5/Pantothenic Acid|
|Vitamin B6 /Pyridoxamine|
|Vitamin B9/Folic Acid|
|Vitamin C / Ascorbic Acid|
|Vitamin E /Tocopherol|
Sources of High Vitamin Foods
|Vitamins||High Vitamin Foods||DV|
|Vitamin A||Kale||272% (13,621 IU/100g)|
|Carrots||341% (17,033 IU/100g)|
|Vitamin D||Fortified Cereals||56% (332 IU/100g)|
|Mushrooms||189% (1,136 IU/100g)|
|Vitamin E||Almonds||127% (26.2 mg/100g)|
|Sunflower seeds||67% (1.35 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin K||Spring Onions||259% (0.20 mg/100g)|
|Brussels Sprouts||175% (0.14 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B1 /Thiamin||Pork||74% (1.12 mg/100g)|
|Sunflower Seeds||99% (1.48 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B2/ Riboflavin||Cheese||81% (1.38 mg/100g)|
|Beef & Lamb||51% (0.86 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B3 /Niacin||Yellowfin Tuna||110% (22.1 mg/100g)|
|Chicken & Turkey||74% (14.8 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B5/Pantothenic Acid||Mushrooms||36% (3.59 mg/100g)|
|Trout||22% (2.24 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B6/Pyridoxine||Pistachio Nuts||56% (1.12 mg/100g)|
|Prunes||37% (0.75 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B7/Biotin||Walnuts||15% (37 mcg/100g)|
|Bananas||33% (118 mcg/100g)|
|Vitamin B9/Folic Acid (Folate)||Lentils||45% (0.18 mg/100g)|
|Black Eyed Peas||52% (0.20 mg/100g)|
|Vitamin B12||Liver (Beef)||47% (4.7 mcg/100g)|
|Shellfish||1,648% (98.9 mcg/100g)|
|Vitamin C||Oranges||89% (53.2 mg/100g)|
|Guavas||381% (229.3 mg/100g)|
1) Kale: It is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin, C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B2. It can fight various cardiovascular diseases and the presence of isothiocyanates makes the glucosinolates in Kale to detox the activities of the cells.
2) Carrots: High in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B8, Vitamin K, folate, and pantothenic acid, carrots can help in preventing heart attacks, reduce cholesterol levels, fight cancer, improve vision, and fight aging.
3) Fortified cereals: These are perfect to start your day and can be taken with yogurt or milk. Listed among foods high in vitamin, fortified cereals are perfect for improving bowel movements and preventing constipation. It facilitates better digestion, boost energy levels, and lower LDL cholesterol.
4) Mushrooms: It lists among vitamin D rich foods and is also high in other B vitamins which includes niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid. These perform the act of providing adequate energy by breaking of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Mushrooms are good for your nervous system too.
5) Almonds: High in vitamin E, biotin, manganese, and copper, eating almonds regularly can prevent heart attacks, support healthy brain function, control blood pressure, and help in weight control.
6) Sunflower seeds: Besides being an excellent source for Vitamin E, sunflower seeds are also rich in copper and vitamin B1. They promote cardiovascular health, maintain adequate cholesterol levels, and has antioxidant properties.
7) Spring Onions: Regarded as one of the best sources of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, these have excellent antioxidant properties. Regular intake can help in preventing high blood pressure and lower the risks associated with heart diseases.
8) Brussels Sprouts: Among foods high in vitamin c and vitamin K, it is an excellent source for obtaining essential vitamins. The food can help in maintaining a good immune system and healthy skin.
9) Pork: Essential pretty high in vitamin B1, Pork helps in better growth and repair of muscles and nerve tissues. Besides, it can repair damaged tissues and extract energy from food.
10) Cheese: The presence of Vitamin B2 in Cheese makes it an effective food option that extracts energy from the food consumed. Additionally, presence of vitamin A and Vitamin B12 can help in maintaining strong skin health and facilitate better production of RBC.
11) Beef & Lamb: For the Non-Vegetarians, Lamb and beef can be a great source of high vitamins that includes vitamin B2 and vitamin B12. Regular intake of lamb can help in promoting strong muscle growth.
12) Yellowfin Tuna: Rich in Vitamin B3, B6 and B12, Tuna is very healthy seafood. It has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Other than that, Yellowfin Tuna can help in improving the cardiovascular system of the body.
13) Chicken & Turkey: Both these non-vegetarian food options are loaded with Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. It has low calorie count and are ingredient to several healthy recipes that help in easy weight loss.
14) Trout: Healthy recipes of trout is usually low in sugar, salt and saturates. It is high in vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and other vitamins as well. Regarded to be among the healthiest fishes, it contains very low fat and cholesterol levels.
15) Pistachio Nuts: They are low in calories and offers more vitamin K per serving than any other nut. It can aide better weight management, low levels of LDL cholesterol, boost immunity system and reduce risks of heart attacks.
16) Prunes: It is virtually a powerhouse loaded with vitamin K and beta-carotene. It can improve your vision, offer antioxidants in large number, promote healthy heart health, relieve constipation and protect against Osteoporosis.
17) Walnuts: Inclusion of several kinds of neuroprotective compounds like vitamin E, melatonin, antioxidants, etc. it is a power packed fruit. They are popular for their cancer fighting properties, promoting healthy heart, aide weight control, and reduce sugar levels.
18) Bananas: Essentially a good source of vitamin B6, they are the sweetest foods that are healthy too. They can help in moderating blood sugar levels, improving digestive health, aiding weight loss, and supporting better heart health.
19) Lentils: A food that is high in vitamin B6 and B1, they are also regarded as a great source of copper, fiber, and manganese. Regular intake can help in lowering cholesterol levels, improving heart health, bettering digestive health, stabilizing blood sugar levels, etc.
20) Black Eyed Peas: It offers 12% RDA of thiamin and other B vitamins. These facilitate better digestion, alleviate constipation and take care of symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
21) Liver (Beef): Offering a rich storage depot of essential nutrients, Beef liver is rich in vitamin B12. It promotes healthy nervous system, reduces panic attacks, and facilitates weight loss diet.
22) Shellfish: Shellfish like other fishes are rich in Omega-3 fat and several vitamins. It helps in lowering risks of heart disease, boosting brain development and maintaining adequate levels of good cholesterol.
23) Oranges: The fruit is very high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and other B vitamins. Regular intake can lower cholesterol levels, boost heart health and protect against chronic diseases like cancer.
24) Guavas: It contains high levels of vitamin C and helps in having a healthy heart, lose weight, lower risks of cancer, diabetes friendly, and treat constipation. Other than that, it is often recommended to women during pregnancy or as a stress buster.
- ALL Foods High In Iron List For Vegetarians And Non-Vegetarians
- List of Foods High in Calcium | Dairy/Non-Dairy, Fruits, Veggies & More
- List of Foods High In Potassium: Fruits ,Vegetables ,& Non-Vegetarians
- 19 Amazing Foods High In Fiber – Fruits ,Vegetables ,Grains & MORE!
- List of Top 17 Foods High in Magnesium : Vegetables ,Fruits & More