Table Of Content:
Looking for High Vitamin E sources? Read this article to know everything about Foods High In Vitamin E ,Health Benefits & Consuming.
What is Vitamin E ?
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps in protecting the wear and tear of tissues and cells in the body. It is also known as tocopherol or alpha-tocopherol which is mostly found in plant and vegetable oils. It is a fat soluble compound that is important for the body to prevent breakdown and infertility of muscles.
Natural Sources of Vitamin E
This vitamin helps in providing protection against several cardiovascular and digestive illnesses. Here is the list of common Vitamin E food sources:
- Vegetarian sources (green leafy vegetables, sweet potato)
- Fruits (papaya, mango)
- Nuts and Seeds
How much Vitamin E should I consume?
|1-3 years||6 mg||6 mg|
|4-8 years||7 mg||7 mg|
|9-13 years||11 mg||11 mg|
|14 years & above||15 mg||15 mg|
Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for pregnant woman is 15mg/day and for lactating women it is 19mg/day
Vitamin E Health Benefits
Some common benefits of Vitamin E are:
- Prevents brain disorders: It can also be considered as a brain food, as it nourishes your nervous system and helps in circulating blood in your nerves as well. Vitamin E deficiency often leads to brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Provides beauty to your skin: It is considered to be the best source for any type of skin. High Vitamin E foods for skin can be a great natural moisturizer and promote healthy skin. In addition, they add strength, thickness and glow to your hair. They can also strengthen your nails.
- Reduces the risk of cancers: The risk of cancer can be minimized to a certain level by recommended intake of vitamin E. Majorly, it provides protection against prostate, colon and breast cancers.
- Safeguards your immune system: You can also consume foods with Vitamin E for boosting your immune system and increasing efficiency at work. Along with this, they help in providing fertility to men, support healthy kidney and facilitates proper liver functioning. With adequate intake of vitamin E rich foods, people can stay protected against cardiovascular and digestive problems.
- Protects from damages: Its antioxidant rich properties, help in providing healthier muscles and tissues. Apart from this, deficiency of the vitamin may lead to several reproduction disorders.
List of Foods High in Vitamin E
Read chapter #2..