What is soda withdrawal?
Table Of Content:
Soda contains high fructose corn syrup or high levels of sugar with caramel coloring, corrosive phosphoric acid and caffeine. It is consumed by a majority as soft drinks and is soluble in fats as well as water. Excessive consumption leads to various diseases such as increased gastric secretions, aggravate the heart system, increase asthma attacks, etc. People often get addicted to consuming soda especially in form of soft drinks on a daily basis. When a person tries quitting soda , they face what is known as soda withdrawal.
Soda Withdrawal Symptoms
- Flu like symptoms
- Lack of concentration
- Abnormalities in heart rhythm
- Brain fog
- Thorough knowledge of the amounts and frequency of soda intake must be given to the doctor
- Toxins affecting the patient are revealed by conducting certain medical tests
- Patient may confide in the psychiatrist about the reason behind this addiction
- Important to know the medical background in order to choose the correct treatment
- Quitting – There are two ways in which a person can quit soda. First, is the method in which the use of the substance is reduced gradually which gives the brain more time to adapt to the change. Second, is the method in which use of the substance is stopped suddenly. In this case the neurotransmitter (dopamine), known as the motivational molecule is given a boost.
- Change in drinking habits – 25% of the drinks consumed during the 1 week in every month must be decaffeinated and this percentage should increase by 25% with every passing month. It ensures a smooth transition.
- Alternative drinks – Switching to green tea is a healthy option as it is able to flush out toxins from the body and inculcates a healthy habit. People dependent on soda often complain of thirst, green tea can be a healthy option here.
The withdrawal process can be eased by the consuming foods that are rich in:
Amino acids tyrosine or phenylalanine
Herbal remedies known as adaptogens and drinking loads of water can also help in making the withdrawal process a lot easier. Additionally, application of the following products helps to reduce effects of the syndrome:
- Essential oils of peppermint
How long does it take for soda to detox?
The main component of soda that needs to be removed from the body is caffeine. Time taken for complete detox depends upon the individual and how much they can restrict its consumption. Withdrawal symptoms begin to show within 12 to 24 hours.