What is Wellbutrin Withdrawal?
Table Of Content:
Wellbutrin is a medication that is used as antidepressant and acts as a stimulant that works as a dopamine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor in the brain. It blocks the transfer of the neurotransmitters and hence, increases the level of dopamine and serotonin in the brain. This affects the brain by stabilizing the individual’s mood while having a calming effect and may cause a feeling of euphoria. Due to this people often get addicted to it and the brain gets used to functioning in its presence. But when a person tries to withdraw from Viibryd, they find it difficult cannot cope with a sudden absence of it
Wellbutrin Withdrawal Symptoms
- Excessive sweating
- Hot flashes
- Suicidal tendencies
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Digestive problems
- Problems in balance
- Flu like symptoms
- Tests should be conducted to know the toxins affecting the patient.
- Medical history of the patient must be known to doctor to decide on the most effective method of treatment.
- Information about patterns of consumption related to dosage and frequency must be known.
- Psychological reasons like stress and depression must also be known.
- Gradual withdrawal is a must instead of quitting it suddenly.
- Participate in a medically supervised detox program that is taken care of at every step.
- Speaking to psychiatrists and self-help groups aids in combating issues like depression and stress.
- Medicines might also be prescribed as alternatives to the drug to ease the withdrawal process.
- Avoid use of the medication in quantities that have not been prescribed.
- Consult a doctor as soon a pattern of dependence is observed.
- Divert attention to other activities to avoid thinking about the addiction.
- Practice exercising and meditation that benefit the body and help to build resistance towards the drug.
- Avoid quitting the addiction suddenly to prevent relapse into the addiction.
How long do withdrawal symptoms last for wellbutrin?
Withdrawal symptoms only emerge after the drug has been cleared out of the system completely. Timeline of detoxification is dependent on the consumption patterns and frequency of intake. The 1st 72 hours are critical that keeps the patient at the risk towards seizures and flu. For at least a month the symptoms tend to appear but with gradual withdrawal they tend to wean off. Depending on consumption patterns and the frequency of usage it may take a few months till it subsides completely.