What is Viibryd Withdrawal?
Table Of Content:
Viibryd is an anti-depressant that belongs to the category of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It is used to treat major depressive disorder and works by blocking the reuptake of serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain. The presence of large quantities of serotonin in the brain for a longer period of time produces effects that help to release stress and make the individual feel relaxed.
If a person uses the drug over a period of time their system builds a sort of resistance towards it. This leads to the person getting addicted. Further, if a person wants to get rid of the addiction, they find it difficult to cope with an absence of the drug in their system, as their brain is used to functioning in its presence. This is known as viibryd withdrawal.
Viibryd Withdrawal Symptoms
- Brain zaps
- Mood swings
- Muscle spasms
- Panic attacks
- Sleep changes
- Suicidal thoughts
- Vivid dreams
- Weight changes
- Dry mouth
- Chest pain
- Hot flashes
- Patient’s medical background must be thoroughly assessed to decide the most effective method of treatment.
- Medical tests should be conducted to know what toxins are affecting the patient.
- Patient’s pattern of drug use with regard to dosage and frequency of use must be known.
- Patient’s level of dependence must be examined and reasons like depression or stress must also be taken into consideration.
- The dosage of the drug must be lowered gradually over time through the process of tapering instead of cold turkey.
- Alternative medications should be used for the treatment of the depressive disorders that the patient may be suffering from.
- Patient should be around loved ones for support and to avoid any mishaps due to suicidal thoughts and depression that may occur.
- Indulging in activities such as exercise, jogging and workout is also advisable during the withdrawal process.
- Get help from a psychiatrist if needed or speak to those who have been able to give up on the addiction in order to get motivated.
- Avoid use of the drug for recreational purposes.
- Consult a doctor if a pattern of dependence is observed.
- Avoid stressful situations to prevent the occurrence of a drug craving.
How long does it take for Viibryd detox?
Time timeline for viibryd detoxification depends on the time and dosage of drug use. Withdrawal symptoms will only set in after the viibryd has been eliminated from the system completely. The symptoms generally last for a few months and tend to subside over a period of 4 to 6 weeks.