Table Of Content:
What is Topamax Withdrawal?
Topamax is an anticonvulsant drug that is used to treat migraine, seizures due to epilepsy, bipolar disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, smoking cessation, cluster headaches, eating disorders, tremors, obsessive compulsive disorders, etc. The drug is consumed and absorbed by the blood in all parts of the body. Prolonged consumption for a considerable period of time might convert into an addiction. The moment a person tries to withdraw from Topamax abuse, they find it difficult to cope with an absence of the drug in their system. This phase is termed as topamax withdrawal.
Topamax Withdrawal Symptom
- Appetite changes
- Concentration problems
- Muscle pain
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Vision changes
- Weight gain
- Shaking/ tremors
- Tests should be run to identify the toxins affecting the patient.
- Level of dependence must be recognized before deciding upon a method of treatment.
- A thorough evaluation of the medical history must be thoroughly assessed.
- Patterns of consumption with regard to dosage and frequency of use must be known.
- Underlying reasons like depression, stress or anxiety must also be taken into consideration.
- Alternative medications to treat the symptoms of Topamax are prescribed by the doctor
- Tapering should be the way forward when withdrawing from the drug instead of cold turkey.
- Spend time exercising and meditating to increase focus and to keep the body healthy.
- Follow healthy eating and sleeping habits to ensure faster recovery.
- Consult a psychiatrist helps to deal with problems like depression and stress.
- Keep the body hydrated by consuming fluids from time to time.
- Avoid stressful situations to prevent a relapse.
- Divert attention away from the addiction by spending time in day to day as well as recreational activities.
- Avoid use of the drug unless it has been prescribed by a doctor.
How long does it take to detox from topamax?
Timeline for complete detoxification is usually 2 days for topomax. They may last for a few week or months depending on the patient’s pattern of consumption.