Table Of Content:
What is Cymbalta withdrawal?
Cymbalta is a drug that belongs to the category of serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. It is used as an antidepressant medication and was the second drug to be approved by the FDA to be used for treatment of fibromyalgia. It is effective in reducing the pain caused in such cases and it works by increasing the levels of the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. This helps to regulate mood and reduces the sensation of pain by blocking the pain signals that travel within the brain.
Due to its effect on pain, people feel comfortable and relaxed after its use. People often get addicted to this medication and when they try to quit its use the brain cannot adapt to a sudden absence of the drug. Such a condition is known as cymbalta withdrawal.
Cymbalta Withdrawal Symptoms
- Suicidal thoughts
- Headache fatigue
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Excessive seating
- Involuntary crying or laughing
- Brain zaps/ electric shock sensations
- Extreme mood swings
- Tests should be conducted to know the kinds of toxins are affecting the brain & body
- Talking to a psychiatrist can help the patient to reveal the reasons behind the addiction
- The patient must inform the doctor about the dosage, frequency and method in which the medication was consumed
- Tapering Cymbalta should be done gradually before completely quitting its consumption
- Nutritional Therapies & Oral supplements that are offered to create Serotonin needs to included
- Patient should be encouraged by family and friends
- Patients can also find motivation by talking to people who have been able to get rid of the addiction
- Other treatment options include neurochemistry, IV amino therapies, medication tapering techniques, massage, yoga, personal training, exercise, & different therapies equipped to fight off depression
- Doctor must be consulted as soon as a pattern of dependence is observed
- Use of the medication must be avoided unless it has been prescribed
- Stay Dehydrated as much as possible
How long does it take for cymbalta to detox?
Timeline for Cymbalta Withdrawal depends on the dosage and frequency of its use which can be as much as 6 weeks. Essentially, the symptoms are at its peak during the 1st 8 days while tends to ease off over the next 7 days. A considerable improvement can be seen after 18 days have passed since its withdrawal.